Purpose of this Award
Established in 2019, the ISoP Emerging Scientist Award highlights the extraordinary professional efforts of an ISoP member who, while within 5 years of a first professional appointment, has made a significant impact in some aspect of the fields of pharmacometrics, applied statistics, systems-based modeling and simulation, or any related scientific field.
Nominee for this Award must:
- have completed a terminal training or degree (whichever is most recent) within the past 5 years.
- be a professional within 5 years of a first professional appointment in the fields of pharmacometrics, applied statistics, systems-based modeling and simulation, or any related field.
- be a member of ISoP
- students, postdocs, and associate fellows are not eligible for this Award.
- self-nomination is not permitted for this Award.
Nomination Procedure and Package
The nominations must include:
· a letter of nomination from an ISoP member detailing the nominee’s qualifications for the Award
· the nominee’s current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
· two letters of support from ISoP members describing the nominee’s impact in aspects of the fields of pharmacometrics, applied statistics, systems-based modeling and simulation or any related field. One of the required letters of support must be from an individual outside the nominee’s past and current places of employment.
- The call for nominations to this Award is open through the published deadline.
- The nomination package must be sent by the call deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Award recipient will be selected based upon the following steps:
- Individual scoring of the nominated candidates by the ISoP Awards Committee members
- Ranking of the nominated candidates based on the highest total score and recommendation of the recipient by the ISoP Awards Committee
- Approval of the Award recipient by the ISoP Board
Notification of Award:
- The recipient of the award will be notified via email promptly after selection
- The recipient will be requested to RSVP within 15 days as to accept/decline the Award
- The name of the Award recipient will be publicly announced to the ISoP community after acceptance of the Award by the recipient
Recognition of Award Recipient
The recipient of the ISoP Emerging Scientist Award will be recognized at the opening ceremony of the ACoP Annual Meeting. The recipient will receive a plaque and the ACoP Annual Meeting registration fee will be reimbursed by ISoP.
2019 Elin Svensson