The ISoP Outstanding Research Manuscript Award was established in 2017 (named Technical Manuscript Award in 2017-2018) to recognize authors of an outstanding research manuscript in the field of pharmacometrics published in the preceding calendar year. The nominated manuscript should be original research of a theoretical or applied nature in the fields of pharmacometrics, statistics, systems-based modeling and simulation, or related scientific fields.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the ISoP Outstanding Research Manuscript Award is to recognize the authors of a particularly outstanding manuscript published in format of a scientific publication in any of a variety of quality peer-reviewed journals.
The manuscript must:
- have broad application and potential or immediate impact in one or more of the above cited scientific fields
- demonstrate quality, clarity, and significance of the research question, methodology, and interpretation of the findings/results
- involve innovation and creativity in the analysis of data
- contribute to the advancement of pharmacometric analysis, clinical and/or basic science(s), and/or regulatory review related to drug therapy (efficacy) and/or safety (toxicity)
- exhibit technical excellence and high quality in the methodological approach (statistical, pharmacometrics, systems-based approaches…etc.)
- be clearly written and easily understood by readers from diverse scientific fields
- be published in the calendar year (January 1 – December 31) preceding the selection
- Tutorials and reviews will not be considered for this award.
Nomination Procedure and Package
- Nominations can be made by any ISoP member.
- The call for nominations to this Award is open through the published deadline
- The nomination package should contain a nomination letter documenting clearly why the manuscript should be considered, above all others, for this distinguished award.
- The nomination package must be sent by the call deadline to: email@example.com
The Award will be selected based upon the following steps:
- Individual scoring of the nominated manuscripts by the ISoP Awards Committee members
- Ranking of the manuscripts on the highest total score and recommendation of the recipient by the ISoP Awards Committee
- Approval of the Award by the ISoP Board
Notification of Award
- The first author and the corresponding author of the manuscript will be notified via email after selection
- The authors will be requested to RSVP within 15 days as to accept/decline the Award
- The name of all authors, title of the manuscript, and the publishing journal will be publicly announced to the ISoP community after acceptance of the Award
Recognition of Award Recipient
The authors of the ISoP Outstanding Research Manuscript Award will be recognized at the opening ceremony of the ACoP Annual Meeting. The first author will receive a plaque and have the ACoP Annual Meeting registration fee reimbursed by ISoP. In case the first author is unable to attend the ACoP Annual Meeting, a designated co-author will be designated to receive the award on his/her behalf.
2017 Al-Huniti N, Nielsen JC, Hutmacher MM, Lappalainen J, Cantagallo K, Sostek M. CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2016 Jul;5(7):359-66. PMID: 27435972
2018 Dosne AG, Bergstrand M, Karlsson MO. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2017 Dec;44(6):509-520. PMID: 28887735
2019 Yoshida K, Guo C, Sane R. CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2018 Aug;7(8):517-524. PMID: 29924471