Are you in the process of searching for a position that fits your professional goals? Are you interested in seeking a promotion within your organization? Are you in need of help to advance your career, but do not know how to build a career advancement plan? If so, then join the ISoP Education Working Group #4 (EWG#4) dedicated to “Communication and Soft Skills” in a series of two webinars for an interactive discussion on:
- Gauri Rao, Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy & Education Committee Co-Chair.
- Marion Bouillon-Pichault, Director-MBMA at Bristol Myers Squibb & EWG#4 Co-Chair.
- Mark Lovern, Sr. VP & US Head of Quantitative Sciences at Certara & EWG#4 Co-Chair.
- Gauri Rao,Assistant Professor, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
- Peiying Zuo, Director Pharmacometrics US at Astellas Pharma.
- Hoi-Kei (Cecilia) Lon, Associate Director at Pfizer.
- Dhananjay (DJ) Marathe, Principal Scientist at Merck & Co.
- Yuan Xiong, Director Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics at Johnson & Johnson.
Abstract: Scientific minds are wired to solve problems and find answers, but these same minds are often confounded when asked to tell their career story. At the heart of career development and advancement is the ability to articulate your unique career story to recruiters and hiring managers. Your resume, LinkedIn profile, networking skills and interviewing techniques are critical in securing a position that allows you to focus on your scientific pursuits. The two webinars will focus on helping early and mid-level career professionals build their career advancement plan.
Webinar #1: The Prep! June 16th at 10 AM EDT
- Plan your work and work your plan.
- Construct a CV/Resume that highlights your achievements, your career aspirations, and reflects you as an individual with unique capabilities and qualities that will be an asset to your employer.
- Build your Social Media/LinkedIn profile
Webinar #2: Perform! June 23rd at 10 AM EDT
- Job Search and Applications.
- negotiate your offer(s).
- Emily Cox is Talent Acquisition Leader with over 15 years of experience supporting recruitment and career development within the pharmaceutical industry. Prior industry experience includes roles supporting R&D, clinical development, physician recruitment, commercial and global graduate recruitment programs. Emily has a contagious level of energy and a true passion for helping people find meaningful careers. For 15 years, she has been helping her client groups find exceptional talent for tough to fill scientific positions. Emily holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History from UMBC and a MS in Organizational Counseling from The Johns Hopkins University.
- Lee DeBlaker is a Talent Acquisition Partner with 11 years of recruiting experience working in different industries including Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Information Technology, Sales, and Academic Research. Lee holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, and even though she didn’t go to school to be a recruiter, she enjoys being able to use the Marketing experience she developed during her university curriculum by helping create “out of the box” recruitment strategies to help drive talent in competitive industries.