The ISoP Leadership Award was established in 2009 to acknowledge individuals whose leadership contributions have advanced the field of pharmacometrics and related scientific areas.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the ISoP Leadership Award is to recognize an outstanding individual (not necessarily a scientist) for outstanding sustained leadership, mentorship, and outreach contributions to the field of pharmacometrics and to the development of the strategic vision for the future direction of the field and its application of the circle of excellence: Integration–Innovation–Impact (JCP 2010;50:S6-S160) to enhance research, development, regulatory evaluation and/or utilization of therapeutic products.
The candidate must:
- have demonstrated excellence in leadership involving people, events, programs, projects and/or teams in the field of pharmacometrics
- have made major long term contributions that enabled the growth of opportunities that have substantially advanced and broadened the visibility, connectivity, application, and impact of pharmacometrics
- be an excellent role model
- inspire others to work collaboratively and creatively
- be actively involved in mentorship and development of others
- promote a work environment that is respectful, collegial, and supportive
- not be a currently serving member of the ISoP Board of Directors or the ISoP Awards Committee.
Nomination Procedure and Package
- Nominations can be made by any ISoP member.
- The call for nominations to this Award is open through the published deadline.
- The nomination package should contain:
- Nomination letter. The letter must clearly document why the candidate should be considered, above all others, for this distinguished award.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominee. The CV must contain sufficient information to inform the selection process without additional research.
- The nomination package must be sent by the call deadline to: email@example.com
The Award recipient will be selected based upon the following steps:
- Individual scoring of the nominated candidates by the ISoP Awards Committee members
- Ranking of the nominated candidates based on the highest total score and recommendation of the recipient by the ISoP Awards Commitee
- Approval of the Award recipient by the ISoP Board
Notification of Award:
- The recipient of the award will be notified via email promptly after selection
- The recipient will be requested to RSVP within 15 days as to accept/decline the Award
- The name of the Award recipient will be publicly announced to the ISoP community after acceptance of the Award by the recipient
Recognition of Award Recipient
The recipient of the ISoP Leadership Award will be recognized at the opening ceremony of the ACoP Annual Meeting. The recipient will receive a plaque and the ACoP Annual Meeting registration fee will be reimbursed by ISoP.
2009 David D’Argenio
2011 William Jusko
2013 Hartmut Derendorf
2014 Richard Lalonde
2015 Larry Lesko
2016 Sandy Allerheiligen
2017 Rik Schoemaker
2018 Stacey Tannenbaum
2019 Brian Corrigan