The Statistics and Pharmacometrics Special Interest Group (SxP) was named in 2016 and is chartered by both the American Statistical Association (ASA) and International Society of Pharmacometrics (ISoP). This Interest Group promotes collaboration between Statisticians and Pharmacometricians, to enable each discipline to learn and grow from the other and to develop innovative approaches to model informed drug development.
Please visit our SxP website for up-to-date information on the SIG including the leadership, activities, events, and resources! You will also find the form to join our distribution list so you will always be in the know on activities and updates from SxP.
Questions or comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals of the SIG
Specifically, the goals of the Interest Group are to:
- Provide educational opportunities to learn about Statistics and Pharmacometrics
- Encourage career growth and mentoring for people new in the field
- Promote cross-disciplinary methodology research and publications, and to encourage cross participation at conferences
- Create best practices leveraging both disciplines
- Provide opportunities to discuss computing platforms and share code
Objectives of the SIG
The objectives of the group are to
- Promote collaboration between Pharmacometricians and Biostatisticians by
a. Initiating communication with statisticians about PK/PD principles and terminology and about the complexities and nuances of PK/PD data. Educate statisticians in the utility of pharmacometric modeling.
b. Initiating communication with Pharmacometricians about statistical principles, methodology and terminology.
c. Facilitating discussions with both groups for how each interprets their own roles. Explain how each other think and why.
- Encourage statisticians to seek careers in Pharmacometrics.
- Bridge the gap between methodology published in Pharmacometrics journals with methodology published in statistical journals.
- Provide new forums or take advantage of existing forums for initiating scientific discourse between the disciplines.
The Leadership of this SIG is comprised of members of both ISoP and the ASA.
Steering Committee Members
Co-chairs: Luke Fostvedt and Stacey Tannenbaum.
- Luke Fostvedt (ASA co-chair)
- Stacey Tannenbaum (ISoP co-chair)
- Tim Waterhouse (Member-at-Large)
- Mike Smith (Past co-chair)
- Kosalaram (Ram) Goteti (Education Sub-Committee Chair)
- Pavan Vaddady (Communications Sub-Committee Chair)
- Alice Zong
- Camille Vong
- Curtis Johnston
- Erin Dombrowsky
- Jessica Barry (ISoP Student Representative)
- Jiang Liu
- Julie Bertrand
- Karen Higgins
- Marion Bouillon-Pichault
- Matt Zierhut
- Mike Smith
- Siv Jönsson
- Susan Willavize
Membership in the Interest Group is open to anyone interested in establishing collaborations between statisticians and pharmacometricians. Membership in ASA or ISoP is not required. There are no dues.